ALCAD Valve Regulated
Ni-Cd Vantex New Generation
Providing optimum, maintenance-free(*) performance.
Maintenance-free(*) design keeps running costs down:
Vantex’s new state-of-the-art design concept gives our customers maintenance-free(*) batteries.
- No need to add water throughout the service life of the battery (following Alcad’s recommended operating conditions – from - 20°C (- 4°F) to + 40°C (+ 104°F), at 1.43 V/cell with temperature compensation).
- Minimal servicing is required with only preventative maintenance needed.
- Water use and gas emissions are reduced due to the high level of gas recombination of more than 90% – far beyond the requirements of IEC 62259.
- Vantex is supplied with a new type of low pressure flame-arresting vent – one that works as a valve regulated vent.
Increased efficiency optimizes battery life costVantex New Generation has had a performance upgrade that puts it well ahead of the original Vantex. Installers can now select a specific battery that fits individual operational requirements, reducing primary purchase costs.
- Our latest design has enhanced electrical performance by up to 10% under relevant discharge times, enabling a smaller capacity battery.
- Bringing batteries into service is a straightforward procedure. Even after six months of storage, the battery commissioning is easy and simple. It can be performed with any commercial charger.
Fast battery charging reduces downtimeVantex New Generation has had a performance upgrade that puts it well ahead of the original Vantex. Installers can now select a specific battery that fits individual operational requirements, reducing primary purchase costs.
- Quick and simple charging, inside a narrow voltage window, leads to good availability with minimal downtime.
- Single or two-level charging regimes are available:
- Single level charge
- 1.43 ± 0.01 V/cell
- Two level charge
- Float level: 1.43 ± 0.01 V/cell
- High level: 1.45 ± 0.01 V/cell
- 95% capacity is available, even at + 40°C (+ 104°F), after a constant voltage charge at 1.43 V/cell for 15 hours with an available charge current of 0.1 C5A.
- Single level charge